Thursday, June 24, 2010

Binning with same number of particles.

Here are the plots where each bin has the same number of particles in it. Bin "centers" are plotted at the mean of the bin edge values. I ran it for a few different choices of the particle number in the bin, here are the plots. These look much the same as the logarithmic binning example. We will start to see a difference when my runs finish and I can put some error bars on the plots (these will have nicer error properties).





This is the big-long run with 20k particles at 700ATU. I'll do the plots for the initial condition test tomorrow (once my redundant runs have finished so I can put on error bars). I can't decide if there is something wrong with the normalization, I'll look at it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment