Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Initial Conditions 3: with better binning.

I used the log binning scheme to look at the 4 runs with different initial conditions. Here is the plot at the end of the run:


The spikes in the yellow are due to the patchy nature of the final product. If I run these runs longer, this might go away. This is still log binning, I'll work on uneven binning with same number of particles.

To answer Walter's question in more detail: You still not quite answered my technical question. For example how do you assign the position of the bin (it has a range, not just one, so which one do you pick for the plot?

For the log plot, I used log10(( 10**edge1 +10**edge2) /2.) , for the linear just the bin center. I did not use the positions of the particles to determine the abscissa, though I easily could.

No comments:

Post a Comment