Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Half 'n' Half

I've done as Walter suggested, and put all the light particles on the left and the heavier ones on the right. The mass ratio is 2:1 and there are 2x as many light particles. I've normed the histograms so that the distributions can be compared. I think there is some minimal evidence for slight mass segregation, but it is the lighter particles that are farther out, not the heavier ones. The heavier ones are more centrally concentrated at the end. Below is the evolution, times (0,10, 20, 30) and (50,100,200,300) in arbitrary units.





I do not well understand the auxiliary blob that develops in the heavy population. At first I thought it was the central blog that moved, but the central blob has a small velocity in the previous snapshot, so that is probably wrong. I am interested to try one very massive particle on the outskirts falling in, I will probably do that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment